We are the UK's leading multi-disciplinary Clinic providing integrated treatments for chronic physical and neurological functional symptoms. We have successfully treated depression and anxiety for many years.
Gain understanding of your symptoms
- A team that believes you
- Clinicians who listen to you
- Understand what is happening
Work with us to create a treatment plan
- A multi-disciplinary approach
- A team of specialists
- Caring and committed
Improve & restore your quality of life
- A personalised treatment plan
- Step by step improvements
- Increased movement and reduced symptoms
Who We Are
Our Clinic is committed to the idea that we all have within us the capability to work towards overcoming life’s challenges. With courage, commitment and acceptance, the emotional resilience required for good mental health is within our grasp.
The Functional Symptoms Recovery Clinic is the UK’s leading multi-disciplinary clinic for the treatment of both medical and neurological functional symptoms. These are both chronic and persistent, and cause great suffering, such as an inability to socialise, or work. We are the only Clinic in the UK treating chronic patients.
The Functional Symptoms Recovery Clinic was set up as a direct response to patients whose quality of life has deteriorated because they cannot get to the root of the problem. If you have unsuccessfully tried to get a diagnosis for your symptoms, meaning that you are unable access appropriate treatment, we can help.
The clinical view of the practice is that chronic functional symptoms arise from a complex interaction of brain, mind, and body.
Patients who have the courage to face their problems are offered a detailed and personalised treatment plan. Our expertise, compassionate approach, and professionalism enables people to accept their difficulties, rather than fight them.
Our commitment to every patient gives them both hope and motivation to work towards recovery and achieve the quality of life to which they aspire.
In addition to our expertise in treating functional symptoms, we routinely treat patients with more common emotional difficulties. These include: anxiety, depression, stress, low self-esteem, and anger, as well as post-traumatic stress disorder.
- We listen to your story with respect
- We acknowledge your suffering
- We believe your symptoms are ‘real’: in your body, not just in your mind
- We believe that brain mechanisms maintain your symptoms – and provide you with a clear description of what is stopping you from recovering
- We explore the onset of your symptoms, from a holistic perspective
- We conduct an analysis of your day – knowing that there may not be a ‘typical’ day
- We work with physiotherapists to help improve your movement, and plan an exercise regime
- We work with occupational therapists to help you plan and manage your commitments
- We work with pain specialists to reduce your pain
- We focus on building a ‘healthier you’ through improving your sleep
- We give detailed nutritional advice for your condition
- We help you design goals to recovering your health
- We teach you how to increase your motivation
- We help you normalise set-backs
- We share our experience and absolute conviction that with hard work, and constant practice, recovery is possible
- We make you laugh
- We can help you improve your quality of life